Friday 16 September 2011

here we are again....

It seems like only a few short days have passed since I finished my second year of University and now here we are again.... back at the beginning of another year.  The last year to be exact.
     I know that myself and so many other people have worked so hard to get where we are.  Writers and media students alike have come and gone and yet the dedicated few still remain.
     There are so many people I have met who I will be sad to see go at the end of the year.  People from all over the country.  If I have to I would travel to no ends to see them all again... even in to Leigh if I had to.
    We define ourselves by the friends we make and the company we keep.  We know who the true friends are.  We stick with the people who are most like us.  We have clicks, groups of people who fit our needs and of course some people are outsiders.
    Then there are people who make themselves outsiders.  People who are brash, rude and dare I say Holier than though.  I pride myself in the fact that the people I am friends with are nice people.  Weird, loud, insane but none the less, nice.
     I think that after two years of university I know who I will honestly miss, who I won't miss and who's names I will have forgotten by this time next year.
     It is at this point in our lives were we make the friends who will be our friends for life.  Don't alienate the people you care about.  Don't push away people who will always be your strongest and most loyal allies.  Marriages are fickle, lovers are fleeting, friends will be there always.

No comments:

Post a Comment